How To Maintain Your Cartridge Waterless Urinal,
Cartridge based waterless urinals are an highly effective Waterless Urinal option, in this article we are going to explain how to keep them functioning at full performance.
The Every Day Clean
- Remove any foreign objects that have found there way in the waterless urinal. You can pour a small amount of clean water down the urinal to wash the surface. However please note large amounts of water will reduce the life of the barrier liquid .
- Spray pre mixed Ecobug waterless urinal cleaner liberally on the surface and surrounds of the urinal ensure the underside and floor are sprayed. Urine can drip down the outside of the urinal bowl. Start at the top and work your way down the urinal
- Cleaning should be done 1 – 2 times per day as use dictates.
- Please note if using Ecobug waterless urinal cleaner it is a bacterial cleaner and chemicals can’t be used as this will kill the bacteria which are working for you to control odour.
When To Change The Cartridge
- Brands differ however as a rule of thumb most popular waterless urinals such as Falcon, Sonora, Britex or Caroma will last a minimum of 7000 uses between cartridge replacement. If the cartridge uses a barrier liquid then its time to replace the cartridge when blue liquid is seen in the bowl. you can test easily to see if this is the case by tipping half a cup of water in the urinal and seeing if water drains freely. If the cartridge is requiring replacement you will see some of the barrier liquid on the top of the cartridge.
- To change the cartridge simply use the tool supplied to unlock the cartridge and place it in a sealable bag for disposal.
- flush the drain when the cartridge is removed with a bucket of water.
- Insert new cartridge
- Prime with water then add the specified amount of barrier liquid generally about 90ml
- Spray with Ecobug waterless urinal cleaner and leave.
Should you need any help please feel free to call Antony our Sales and service manager on 0414227693 or email email@example.com